TYPF is Hiring!
Exciting positions are open at TYPF! If you are motivated and committed to working for young people and want to be part of a diverse and super team, click on the links below:
As you consider applying, here are ten things you should know about us:
1. Some places are not run-of-the-mill jobs. They are places to learn, challenge yourself, be blown away by people’s abilities to innovate and grow. TYPF is a way of life, in a happy, intense, meet-people-who-will-change-your-life kind of way. Ask anyone who has been here. Here’s what defines us:
2. One Team: We always think ‘we’ instead of ‘me’. Where else do you have colleagues that’ll drop everything in a second to help you with the thing you’re struggling with? We believe in collaborative growth where your own only competition is you and there are enough opportunities to travel, learn, grow and discover to go around for everyone.
3. Complete Ownership: TYPF, regardless of age gives young people the reigns to lead their own programme and decide the direction it takes.
4. Transparency: There’s nothing to hide at The YP Foundation. If you want to know something, just ask.
5. Radical Growth and Learning: Such places are not always easy places to work in, in that they ask a lot of you. Your ideas, your knowledge, your willingness to un-learn, your time and your abilities to work with other people. Its a commitment that runs both ways, yours and ours.
6. The Journey, Not the Destination: TYPF is not a place where you park your bags and camp, but a place you stretch yourself to try and crystalize the wildest of social change ideas into on-the-ground realities. At some point in your journey, we recognize that for some people it’s time to leave and hand over and we will encourage you to go on to the next fabulous part of your career. For others, TYPF takes care of the people it keeps on.
7. A Place for Institutional Misfits: A place where people are feminist, passionate, and fun to work with, where your voice has value and you are respected. Where you are judged on your hard work, sense of humour and commitment to get things done. We believe in thinking outside the box and are always willing to try out new ideas.
8. The Un-Patriarchal Family: TYPF is known for bringing together amazing people who become like family. We believe in plurality, diversity and respect diverse forms of identity and leadership. We don’t discriminate on the basis of your disability, HIV status, gender, caste, religion or sexual orientation. You are encouraged to challenge the status quo.
9. Being Resourceful: TYPF is a place where just when you think you’re getting complacent, something unexpected is likely to take you down a whole new rabbit hole. Other than an unlimited supply of tea, coffee and internet, we believe in finding sustainable, cost effective ways of getting work done.
10. Self Care and the Individual: It isn’t just about the work, or being an expert at it. People at TYPF are the most precious resource we have and no one here goes ignored or unnoticed. TYPF has a generous leave policy and we encourage people to take time to take care of themselves.