The YP Foundation in collaboration with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative (CHRI), Students for Promotion of International Law (SPIL) and Governance Now
presents a discussion forum:
“From Exploring the RTI Act to Building a Movement – Do Young People Matter?”
March 13th, 2010 at 6 PM – 8.30 PM
at Gulmohar Hall, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road New Delhi
The forum will explore how young people can take the RTI movement of the country forward. Bringing together leading and key personalities of the movement, the forum will seek to answer the following:
1. At what stage is the RTI Movement currently?
2. Has the filing of RTI Applications increased the overall efficiency and functioning of public authorities?
3. Internationally, what does the right to information signify?
4. What role can young people play in taking the movement forward?
5. What more can be done to make a larger impact and increase the efficacy of the movement?
Creating a space for inter-generational dialogue, the forum intends to set a collaborative agenda between organizations working on the RTI currently in the city and young people who want to get involved in the movement.
Confirmed panelists include:
Mr.Wajahat Habibullah, Chief Information Commissioner
Mr.Shekhar Singh, National Campaign for People’s Right to Information
Ms.Yamini Aiyer, Accountability Intitiative
Ms.Sanchita Bakshi, Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative
Ms.Manju Sadarangani, US Embassy
To confirm your attendance please RSVP @ 46792243/ 44/ 9871011544 / 9899651625/ firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you there! 🙂